Covid-19 – Latest Update: We remain closed until further notice


IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Updated May 30th 2020

Stackpole Under The Stars remains closed until further notice to avoid spread of the coronavirus. We will continue to review the situation regularly, and update this information, in line with Welsh Government advice which itself is reviewed every three weeks.

The information that follows is two-fold:
1) What to do if your March/April/May/June booking has been cancelled by us.

2) What you need to know if you have a July/August booking with us or want to make a new booking.

We know so many of you are desperate for your holidays to happen this year. We are keeping everything crossed and hoping we all get some sort of a summer season – when you can be assured of our warmest ever welcome!

1. If you had a booking in March, April, May or June, regrettably we have had to cancel it. Laura has emailed you on the address you provided at the time of booking. If you have not heard from us, please check your junk mail and get in touch if you still cannot find any correspondence.

There are 3 options available to you and you need to let us know which you would prefer:

– If you wish to cancel we can arrange a refund in line with the terms and conditions you received when you booked. (Please ask if you cannot find them).

– If you wish to postpone we can offer you alternative dates later this year (from July 10 onwards), or next year, with stays available up to 12 months from the end date of your original booking. We will do our best to accommodate you on your preferred dates but it may not be possible for you to keep the same dates in 2021 that you had booked in 2020. As the situation with regard to the on-going impact of the virus is unclear, please note that if you choose dates this year and nearer to the time it becomes clear we still cannot accommodate you we will give you the further option of moving your dates to 2021.
If your alternative future stay is more expensive, we will ask you to pay the difference; if it is less, we will refund the difference. PLEASE NOTE: We may increase our prices for 2021 at least in line with inflation so if you postpone to next year the cost of your 2020 stay will go towards the total cost of your 2021 stay, which may be slightly more expensive. We will let you know about any price increases well in advance and you will retain the option of a refund.
If you choose to postpone your stay and you have not yet paid your balance (we will advise you on this), that payment will be due 4 weeks before your new stay  and if your stay is in 2021 the payment may increase slightly. We will let you know of this in advance and you will still retain the option of a refund.

– Alternatively, we can offer you a gift voucher to the value of your original stay (minus the £10 Greener Camping Club fee, which is non-refundable), which will be valid for 12 months from the end date of that stay. If you have already paid for your original booking in full, then your voucher is for the full amount (minus the £10 GCC fee). If you have paid the deposit only, then the voucher will be to the value of the deposit only (minus GCC fee), unless you choose to pay your balance now.

As you might imagine, these exceptional circumstances will hit our micro-business extremely hard financially, particularly as we have had confirmation that the insurance cover we thought we had for loss of income in these circumstances does not in fact cover us. So, needless to say, our preference would be to offer you alternative dates for a future stay, or a gift voucher – rather than a refund. But we also understand that some of our customers are facing their own very difficult circumstances too.

PLEASE NOTE: The Greener Camping Club 2020 annual membership fee of £10, which you will have paid for on booking, is non-refundable. However, the club has agreed that for any campers who are happy to defer until next year and have already been signed up as members for 2020, they will provide complimentary membership for the 2021 season.

2. If you have a booking with us in July or August 2020 onwards, we will update the information on this page if and when we are told by Welsh Government that we can reopen. As we draw nearer to the date of your stay, we will also email you directly with your options (which will, if we remain closed, be broadly the same as outlined above). In the meantime, should you receive an email requesting that you pay your balance for your stay, please ignore it.

We are planning as if to reopen, if you have any queries about safety measures we’ll put in place then please feel free to get in touch.

New bookings

We await instruction from Welsh government as to if and when we will be allowed to reopen this season. While we are not able to take bookings as we do not yet know if we can fulfil them, we can take expressions of interest which may lead to a provisional booking (with no payment taken until we know we will be open). PLEASE email us or call us on 01646 683167.
Please note that as of March 18 we have amended our cancellation policy within our Terms and Conditions. Our previous policy was generous and, to put it bluntly, we can no longer afford to retain the status quo.

To reiterate, if you had a booking with us during March, April, May or June, you should have received an email from camp@stackpoleunderthestars.wales. If you have not, please get in touch. If you have a booking with us from July onwards, please keep an eye on this page or our Facebook/Instagram pages and ignore any automated requests for payment.

A BIG thank you to our campers, followers, friends and family – past, present and future – for supporting our small, homegrown business as much as you can. We appreciate you and when this global nightmare is behind us all, we REALLY look forward to welcoming you back!